Welcome - This Site Was Last Updated 0n Friday May 22, 2020
Help us campaign today for a better tomorrow!
Help us campaign today for a better tomorrow!
Use the link below to access the site that provides information on the qualifications to be able to vote, the instructions to get a voter registration form, and the details in submitting your request for processing.
Use the link below to access the instructions and printable form to request an absentee ballot. Do not miss your right and obligation to vote!
Remember, our meetings are open to all interested parties without respect to Party affiliation. We believe in a polite and respectful shari...
WEDNESDAY MAY 20TH, 6:30pm - Branch County Dems' Virtual Monthly Meeting!
Due to the Governor's extension of the "stay at home" o...
To download a file, click the corresponding download button.
Please contact us if you need to request a file not included below.
Branch County Democrats are affiliated with the Michigan Democratic Party and includes citizens of Branch County who generally subscribe to and support the Michigan Democratic Party Platform.
Our officers for the 2019 - 2020 term are:
Branch County Democrats are an entity within the Michigan Democratic Party, and as such, support and adhere to the Party platform as follows, "The Michigan Democratic Party believes that government must be open, responsive, and accountable to the people it serves.All citizens should have the freedom and the opportunity to rise as high as their talents and initiative will allow. This platform expresses our dedication to the belief that those who work hard should be assured the opportunity to achieve economic security, and that all should be able to live with basic human dignity. This platform embodies our core values of fairness and responsibility, and a commitment to the common good. This platform stands as a promise to the people of Michigan, based on our tradition and commitment to a better future for the people of our state and nation."
December 2018 – Revised, November 2019
2019 – 2020 Strategic Planning:
The officers and members of the Branch County Democratic Party will support, nominate and elect a qualified slate of candidates to local, State and Federal offices who share our membership’s ideals of ethical, fair, transparent and inclusive government through the strategies listed below.
1. Identify and support Precinct Delegates in each of the County’s 18 cities and townships;
2. Grow the County Party membership by focusing on improving diversity in all areas (cultural, age, race, and gender);
3. Improve the Democratic Party’s image within Branch County through positive interactions with the community and its Republican majority when such opportunities are consistent with our organizational goal;
4. Seek out and support qualified candidates for all local political offices;
5. Maintain open two-way communications with State Democratic Party as well as State and Federal Democratic office holders;
6. Raise and manage funds in an appropriate manner in order to support all strategies indorsed and approved by the County Party membership.
7. Using available resources (VAN and/or WAVE), plan and execute an effort to register all County Democratic-likely voters for absentee ballot participation.
Each of the following committees encourages the active participation of the Branch County Democrats’ membership! If you find one or more of these areas of interest to you, and want to get involved, contact the Committee Chair listed for information on how to join in.
The candidate committee organizes and supports Branch County Precinct Delegates to include identifying potential Precinct Delegates, training current and future Precinct Delegates, publicizing upcoming elections and highlighting local offices for which Democratic candidates may be proposed, coordinating candidate and volunteer activities associated with upcoming elections.
The Public Relations Committee plans the County Party’s interactions with local media (print, radio, TV, etc.) to include preparing press releases, appearing in spots on local radio / TV, coordinating communications with State Party officials, developing and placing advertising as appropriate.
Develop and implement plans and programs to increase County Party membership with a specific focus on increasing diversity in the areas of race, gender, culture, and age.
Oversee the conduct of any and all fund raising activities to include major fund raising events such as our annual picnic and the annual Levin Dinner as well as solicitations for general donations (monthly meeting, 50/50, etc.).
News from the Branch County Democrats - Monday, May 20, 2019
Contact: Anita Hoyt, 269-788-8977; email@example.com
Branch County Dems represented at Michigan Democratic Party “Legacy Dinner”
DETROIT – Coldwater residents representing the Branch County Democrats were in attendance Saturday evening, May 18, for the Michigan Democratic Party’s annual Legacy Dinner. This year the party honored the legacy of the late Congressman John Dingle. The evening included remarks from Governor Whitmer, Attorney General Nessel, Senators Stabenow and Peters as well as several of Michigan’s Democratic Congresspersons. Those in attendance from Coldwater were Ms. Anita Hoyt, Treasurer of the Branch County Dems, David McMillan, Branch County Democratic Chair, and his wife Carol McMillan.
During the evening’s program, several volunteers from the 14 Michigan Congressional Districts were honored for their work and contributions to the Party’s recent successes. For the first time, a Branch County volunteer was singled out for his efforts on behalf of the Party. David McMillan was one of two volunteers from the 7th Congressional District to receive his award from Congressman Andy Levin.
The Branch County Democrats are affiliated with the Michigan Democratic Party and share the objective of supporting and electing high quality candidates who represent the Democratic Party’s principles of fair, inclusive, transparent, and honest government. For more about our organization, go to: www.branchcountydemocrats.com
1. Andy Schirk: Coldwater Township; 294 Shelby Dr.; C-517-736-4817 H-517-278-5855
2. Terry Reen: Girard township; 309 Neibles Landing.; 517-937-2900
3. Jim Bilsborrow: Coldwater City Third Ward; firstname.lastname@example.org; 191 Fairfield Dr.
4. Barb Hapner: Coldwater City Second Ward; email@example.com
5. Jennifer “Jinx” Wingard: Coldwater City Fourth Ward; firstname.lastname@example.org; 63 W. Chicago St. #306; 301-657-2628
6. Nancy Krajny: Batavia Township; 107 Pond instead of 143; email@example.com
7. Barb Burkhardt: Ovid Township; 553 Shady Oaks Drive; firstname.lastname@example.org; 517-238-5091
If you are interested in knowing more about Precinct Delegates - read on....
Democratic Precinct Delegate Positions:
(…by city and township with number of positions for each)
Term: 2 year (every even-numbered year)
Duties: It is the active precinct delegate who wins elections for their Party! Democratic Precinct Delegates:
- Help Democrats get registered to vote.
- Take information on issues and candidates to the voters in their precinct.
- Identify other Democrats and recruit new Party members.
- Help turn out the Democratic vote on Election Day.
- Keep Democratic leaders informed about the issues that concern voters.
- Elect Democratic Party leadership at county, congressional district and state levels.
Qualifications: Any adult of voting age who lives within a Precinct and identifies as Democrat may seek the position of Democratic Precinct Delegate for that precinct.
ALGANSEE TOWNSHIP (3)
BATAVIA TOWNSHIP (2)
BETHEL TOWNSHIP (1)
BRONSON TOWNSHIP (2)
BUTLER TOWNSHIP (2)
CALIFORNIA TOWNSHIP (1)
COLDWATER TOWNSHIP (6) – Incumbent: Amaryllis Thomas
GILEAD TOWNSHIP (1)
GIRARD TOWNSHIP (3)
KINDERHOOK TOWNSHIP (2)
MATTESON TOWNSHIP (2)
NOBLE TOWNSHIP (1)
OVID TOWNSHIP (4)
QUINCY TOWNSHIP PRECINCT #1 (2) – Incumbent: Sue Ann Fillmore
QUINCY TOWNSHIP PRECINCT #2 (3)
SHERWOOD TOWNSHIP (3)
UNION TOWNSHIP (4) – Incumbent: Bing Johnson
CITY OF BRONSON (3)
CITY OF COLDWATER WARD 1 (4)
CITY OF COLDWATER WARD 2 (4) – Incumbent(s): Penny Frailey, Barbara Hapner
CITY OF COLDWATER WARD 3 (5)
CITY OF COLDWATER WARD 4 (3)